Thursday November 12, 2015
Honouring 2nd amendment rights, Texas prison allows inmates to carry guns
more stories from this episode
- Honouring 2nd amendment rights, Texas prison allows inmates to carry guns
- Meet the author behind Canada's first mega-hit erotic romance novel
- Canadians react to Ontario MPP obsessively taking selfies in the Legislative Assembly
- Ontario Minister of Agriculture caught saying, 'I hate eggplant, I wish we'd wipe them out'
- Calgary Transit to replace iconic voice of C-train with a computer
- Full Episode
This week Labute Penitentiary, a medium security prison in Deacon County Texas, announced it will be recognizing the Second Amendment right of all its prisoners.
"The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed just because an individual is in jail!" - Warden Lyle Wyatt, Labute Penitentiary
"Of course I know this is a prison, but it is an American prison," said Warden Lyle Wyatt in his interview with Pat Kelly.
When asked if he was concerned for the safety of both the inmates and prison staff, Wyatt responded by saying: "Not at all. If everybody has a gun, then everybody is safe ... besides the inmates are only allowed to have their guns in their cells."
Listen to his entire interview to learn more about how the prisoners have responded to this new policy.
This Is That is a current affairs program that doesn't just talk about the issues, it fabricates them. See This Is That LIVE.