Thursday July 14, 2016
If you thought hot-headed hockey parents were bad, wait until you meet this orchestra dad
more stories from this episode
- Hollywood movie claims Neil Young was born in California
- Canadian engineer invents world's first robot busker
- Canadians react to an Alberta MLA that wants a national holiday for 'single people'
- After losing bet, Ontario man to spend 6 months skipping rope across Canada
- If you thought hot-headed hockey parents were bad, wait until you meet this orchestra dad
- Full Episode
[Originally broadcast on Oct. 22/24, 2015]
They say music has has the ability to calm even the most cantankerous of people. For Dean Morris however, music seems to have the opposite effect. Morris is an "orchestra dad," known in Winnipeg music circles for having a temper. He is just one of a growing number of orchestra parents who are resorting to aggressive behaviour to help their children succeed.
"My kid is the best musician in his orchestra and will play for the New York Philharmonic one day," says Morris. "If I have to raise my voice because others are holding us back or getting in our way ... then I will!"
Peter Oldring has produced this documentary which examines the reasons behind the growing number of belligerent orchestra parents like Morris.
This is That is an award-winning satirical current affairs show that doesn't just talk about the issues, it fabricates them.