Sunday November 22, 2015
The incredible lightness of being without almost everything - an Ashley Walters documentary
more stories from this episode
- The truth about Syrian refugees and how they'll get here: Michael Enright
- Combating radicalization at home and abroad
- Could ISIS be crippled by cutting off its supply of money and arms?
- Meet the Canadian who wrote Pope Francis's climate change letter
- The incredible lightness of being without almost everything - an Ashley Walters documentary
- Full Episode
When Tom Robbins wrote, "That which you hold, holds you," he was onto something. We live in a world drowning in stuff. Everyone seems to groan about the weight of accumulation. Hoarding is now considered a public health hazard. And de-cluttering books are on the best seller lists.
Despite all that, most of us continue to hold on to what what we have, and constantly add to the stash. But there are those brave souls, who so acutely feel the burden of material possessions, that they do something radical to lighten the load. Ashley brings us the stories of three such people in her documentary "A Daring Divestment".