Sunday June 18, 2017
Helen Mirren on how to live a happy life
more stories from this episode
- Why do we hate? - Michael's essay
- Why overtreatment and overdiagnosis can be bad for your health
- Helen Mirren on how to live a happy life
- The Fort Hope education of Sarah Diamond
- Daphne Merkin on staying alive, despite her near-constant wish to die
- 'Laughter is a good way to breathe again': David Grossman on using comedy to deal with tragedy
- Dr. Ezekiel Emanuel says 75 is a good age to die
- Full Episode
When Dame Helen Mirren gave the commencement speech to the class of 2017, at Tulane University in New Orleans recently, she was anything but staid.
At times impish and irreverent, her words shone with hopeful advice — and some rules, which she shared with the graduates.
She calls them, Helen Mirren's Five Rules for a Happy Life.