Monday October 30, 2017
What singer-songwriter Don Amero is reading right now
more stories from this episode
- Why Kevin Hardcastle writes about the day-to-day struggles of the working class
- Why Lorna Crozier wants us to remember that we are all connected
- Why Alison Pick wrote a novel about Jewish pioneers in 1920s Palestine
- What singer-songwriter Don Amero is reading right now
- The only job Barbara Gowdy has ever been fired from
- Full Episode
Don Amero is a singer-songwriter from Winnipeg who has earned two Juno Award nominations for his most recent album, Refined. When he isn't playing music, Amero likes to pick up a good book. Right now he's reading This Is a Book by Demetri Martin.
"For those of you that don't know, Demetri Martin is a stand-up comic. I just finished a stint of some really heavy books and I needed a break. This book was the exact break I needed. It's about nothing and everything. It allowed me to be free of the heavy for a little while. I love it and I think it's a good book if you're looking for something to surprise you. You definitely have no idea, from one page to the next, where he is going. It's a definite hilarious read."
Don Amero's comments have been edited and condensed.