Monday September 18, 2017
Why Terry O'Reilly keeps coming back to Robertson Davies' Fifth Business
more stories from this episode
- Durga Chew-Bose on examining what it means to be a daughter
- Why Jessica J. Lee sees swimming as a catalyst for emotional change and acceptance of fear
- Why Sarah Meehan Sirk says we're all yearning for connections
- Why Streetlight Social Member Brandon Ptolemy wants you to read Pat Shipman's The Invaders
- Susan Juby on why if you liked The Family Fang, you'll love The Most Heartless Town In Canada
- Why Terry O'Reilly keeps coming back to Robertson Davies' Fifth Business
- Full Episode
Terry O'Reilly is the host of CBC's Under the Influence and the author of This I Know: Marketing Lessons from Under The Influence. One of Terry O'Reilly's all-time favourite books is Fifth Business by Robertson Davies.
"One book that I keep going back to — and might be the only book I've ever read three times — is Fifth Business by Robertson Davies. There's something about that book that just gets to me. I think it's the core storyline, which is the toxic effects of guilt. It's a riveting story and I can't get enough of it."
Terry O'Reilly's comments have been edited and condensed.