Thursday March 03, 2016
Muslim voter supports Trump for his economic policies
more stories from this episode
- Muslim voter supports Trump for his economic policies
- Half of all hospital beds in Canada for kids and youth filled to treat mental health
- Guatemala verdict sets precedent for sexual assault as war crime
- Doctor develops alternative rite of passage without female genital mutilation
- Mar. 3, 2016 episode transcript
- Full Episode
Last fall, Saba Ahmed went head to head with a Trump spokeswoman proposing to close mosques.
Now Ahmed is among a minority of Muslims voting for Trump saying Obama's policies are failing Muslims.
And she's not alone. A recent survey suggests seven per cent of American Muslim voters support Donald Trump.
This segment was produced by The Current's Shanifa Nasser.