Thursday February 25, 2016
Liberal MP pushes for government to study guaranteed minimum income
more stories from this episode
- Social media can start a revolution but people have to finish it, says Wael Ghonim
- Doctor-assisted death should be available to children, advocates argue
- Liberal MP pushes for government to study guaranteed minimum income
- No obligation to work with for-profit plasma clinics, says Canadian Blood Services
- Feb. 25, 2016 episode transcript
- Full Episode
The idea that every Canadian could have a guaranteed minimum level of income — whether they have a job or not — is on the table.
In the lead-up to the federal budget, Minister of Social Development Jean-Yves Duclos says the policy has merit for Canada to consider.
Liberal MP Robert-Falcon Ouellette explains the government's position on guaranteed minimum income, and joins the show from Ottawa.
This segment was produced by The Current's Sarah Grant.