Sunday October 18, 2015
Listen to the music this man makes out of ordinary data
more stories from this episode
- Get a better night's sleep with this one weird tip
- Listen to the music this man makes out of ordinary data
- What swans can teach drone designers
- It's a bird, it's a plane, it's...a drone video conferencing system!
- 'I'm screwed for life' — What happens when your hobby drone falls out of the sky
- Full Episode
What's the sound of ripening tomatoes or sea water levels? And could you turn ordinary data into compelling music? Composer, cellist, and academic, Chris Chafe, has been composing music out of mundane datasets, everything from CO2 levels to Gross Domestic Product data.