Sunday January 25, 2015
The hidden social reality behind digital labour
more stories from this episode
- Cuba's underground alternative to the internet
- If the kids don't have wi-fi, the school bus will it bring it to them
- This app lets you lend your eyes to people who are blind
- The hidden social reality behind digital labour
- How your smartphone could help predict the weather
- The Digital Economy: Capitalism 2.0?
- Full Episode
Spark listener Daniel Rotsztain wrote to us about something he observed about his group of friends. It made him wonder, are we coming into an age of digital peasantry?
We asked Spark contributor Veronica Simmonds to take a closer look at the information labour market -- a piecemeal, unregulated workforce behind the scenes of the digital services we use.