Sunday January 18, 2015
The internet of emotional things
more stories from this episode
- Can an AI program be a criminal?
- How social media could be changing your child's sense of self
- We Asked the Question - How have the kids in your life reacted to you posting pics of them online?
- These gadgets are always listening
- The internet of emotional things
- Are we getting closer to having a real universal translator?
- Full Episode
The Withings Home smart monitoring device features something called "cry recognition." And that has Scott Smith concerned. In his blog post Emotion and the Internet of Things, Scott wonders if the rush to commercialize these technologies will trivialize human emotion.