Saturday March 11, 2017
Quirks & Questions: Why are those turkeys circling that dead cat?
more stories from this episode
- Scientists stored an Amazon gift card on some DNA
- Why are pandas black and white?
- One minute of exercise a day can keep you healthy
- Robots are piling up inside Fukushima's robot graveyard
- Coming soon to Canadian airports: facial recognition
- Quirks & Questions: Why are those turkeys circling that dead cat?
- Full Episode
This week's question was inspired by video taken by a man on his way to work in Randolph, Massachusetts. The video shows a cat — sadly laying dead in the road — being continually circled by flock of about 20 wild turkeys. Truly bizarre!
One of our twitter followers - Trina @Catrionadawn - saw it and said she really wants to know what is happening.
Dr. Bridget Stutchbury from York University in Toronto, has the answer.
Here's the video in question: