Saturday February 04, 2017
Quirks & Questions: Is Earth getting heavier or lighter?
more stories from this episode
- Nature vs. nurture: lessons from twins
- Torture doesn't work and here's the scientific evidence
- No longer a myth: a part human, part pig chimera
- 38-thousand year old rock art has a lot in common with Monet
- Metallic hydrogen. Did it finally happen?
- Quirks & Questions: Is Earth getting heavier or lighter?
- Full Episode
A Quirks & Quarks listener wanted to know if the Earth was getting heavier or lighter.
Richard Ducharme from Coquitlam, B.C., proposed that changing life forms could influence weight gain, but burning fossil fuels and other non-renewable resources could make the planet lighter.
Dr. Doug Schmitt from the Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences at the University of Alberta answers Richard's question on this week's program.