Wednesday November 15, 2017
Hearing about female desire from the voice of male comedians
more stories from this episode
- Jason Reynolds' writing strives to honour the 'pain of young people'
- Jael Richardson's book pick: The Prisoner and the Chaplain by Michelle Berry
- Team Canada heads to the Karaoke World Championships
- Hearing about female desire from the voice of male comedians
- Carly Rae Jepsen, Rhye and more: music from today's episode
- Full Episode
A new play called Manwatching wants to tell you all about heterosexual female desire — as related by male comedians. Written by an anonymous woman, this play, which ran at London's Royal Court earlier this year, plays with gender power dynamics by making men read scripts they've never seen before, scripts that detail a perspective and experience they know very little about.
Today, Manwatching director Lucy Morrison will discuss the play's unique approach to storytelling. Manwatching premieres at Toronto's Tarragon Theatre on Nov. 17 and runs until Dec. 16. For more information, head over to the theatre's website.
— Produced by Ashley Mak