Tuesday November 21, 2017
Whitney Rose is reclaiming the 'lost art' of storytelling in country songs
more stories from this episode
- Michael Redhill on his 'very, very surreal' Giller Prize win
- How has teen TV changed in the past decade?
- How writer Hanif Abdurraqib builds his own peaceful world with music
- Whitney Rose is reclaiming the 'lost art' of storytelling in country songs
- Common Deer, Chance the Rapper and more: music from today's episode
- Full Episode
If you crave some good old fashioned storytelling, then Whitney Rose has got you covered. Her latest album features the throwback country soul the Canadian singer-songwriter is known for, with songs about heartache, divorce and one very fateful funeral. Rose's latest album is called Rule 62, and the name was inspired by an Alcoholics Anonymous commandment.
Today, Rose will perform songs from her new album and discuss the inspiration behind it all.
— Produced by Shannon Higgins