Tuesday August 15, 2017
Why is art being exhibited in a shipping container?
more stories from this episode
- Why Boston band PVRIS wants to create a safe space for fans at shows
- Calgary musician FOONYAP channels her inner child
- Why is art being exhibited in a shipping container?
- Paul Feig opens up about Freaks and Geeks and Ghostbusters
- Whitney Rose, Cold Specks and more: music from today's episode
- Full Episode
Matthew Kyba is a co-founder of Bunker 2, an art gallery in a portable shipping container.
Bunker 2 was created to help fill the need for alternative artist-focused gallery spaces in Toronto, where it is difficult and expensive to open and fund traditional art galleries for mid-career contemporary artists.
Bunker 2 measures 20 feet long, 8 feet wide, and 8 feet tall. And far from being a gimmick — it's sort of a last resort.
Kyba talks to q about why he feels Bunker 2 needs to exist. Bunker 2 has show opening on Aug. 18 called Flat.
— Produced by Cora Nijhawan