Tuesday August 15, 2017
Calgary musician FOONYAP channels her inner child
more stories from this episode
- Why Boston band PVRIS wants to create a safe space for fans at shows
- Calgary musician FOONYAP channels her inner child
- Why is art being exhibited in a shipping container?
- Paul Feig opens up about Freaks and Geeks and Ghostbusters
- Whitney Rose, Cold Specks and more: music from today's episode
- Full Episode
Calgary musician FOONYAP always knew she was destined to make music in spite of her troubled relationship with it as a child.
Last year, the classically trained musician released the album Palimpsest. The title track from that album delved into childhood feelings she is still grappling with as an adult.
Now, FOONYAP has released Apropros, a remix EP of songs from that album. FOONYAP talked with q guest host Ali Hassan about learning to love playing the violin and played tracks from her latest release.
— Produced by Ty Callender