Thursday November 09, 2017
Mimi Valdes explains why creative risks are so important
more stories from this episode
- Greta Gerwig's directing career takes flight with debut, Lady Bird
- Mimi Valdes explains why creative risks are so important
- The Hockey Sweater gets a musical spin in new stage production
- Mary McCartney 'slightly voyeuristic, slightly personal' photography
- Thundercat, Little Big Town and more: music from today's episode
- Full Episode
Mimi Valdes has been a writer, editor, producer, speaker and is now the chief creative officer of i am OTHER, a multimedia collective created by Pharrell Williams. Today, Valdes joins Tom Power to discuss her career, which includes being the former editor-in-chief of VIBE and Latina, to co-producing the 2015 film Dope, and executive-producing last year's Oscar-nominated Hidden Figures.
Valdes will be speaking at TIFF today, as part of the Higher Learning: Master Class series. For more information, head over to TIFF's website.
— Produced by Cora Nijhawan