Thursday May 25, 2017
Star Wars 40th anniversary: Facts you may not know
more stories from this episode
- Tracy Chevalier on recasting Shakespeare's Othello in her new book
- Hit-makers Organized Noize talk about the sound of Atlanta
- No Doubt and AFI members join forces to form Dreamcar
- Star Wars 40th anniversary: Facts you may not know
- Scott Helman opens up on his songwriting process
- Meet the woman who started an Oasis sing-along following a moment of silence in Manchester
- Spoon, Current Swell and more: music from today's episode
- Full Episode
Brian Jay Jones is a treasure trove of information on Star Wars and George Lucas. As today is the 40th anniversary of Star Wars IV: A New Hope hitting the big screen, Jones, the author of George Lucas: A Life, guides us through the Star Wars universe with information and background on some of the lesser known facts about the space movie franchise.
For example, do you know the unlikely link between Star Wars and Flash Gordon? Or, why C-3PO has an English accent? Or better still, what George Lucas was actually doing on the day the first Star Wars film was released, 40 years ago today? (Let's just say he might have forgot something.)
Jones reveals the answer to these questions and many more as we celebrate this Star Wars milestone.
— Produced by Ty Callender