Wednesday May 24, 2017
No Doubt and AFI members join forces to form Dreamcar
more stories from this episode
- Tracy Chevalier on recasting Shakespeare's Othello in her new book
- Hit-makers Organized Noize talk about the sound of Atlanta
- No Doubt and AFI members join forces to form Dreamcar
- Star Wars 40th anniversary: Facts you may not know
- Scott Helman opens up on his songwriting process
- Meet the woman who started an Oasis sing-along following a moment of silence in Manchester
- Spoon, Current Swell and more: music from today's episode
- Full Episode
Dreamcar may be a new name to music fans but its members will definitely be familiar. AFI singer Davey Havok has teamed up with Tony Kanal, Adrian Young, and Tom Dumont from No Doubt to form the new band.
With their debut single, "Kill For Candy," Dreamcar references '80s new wave, a sonic touchstone for their debut self-titled record.
Kanal and Young join Tom Power to discuss the genesis of the project and the sound they've created in this new band.
— Produced by Mitch Pollock