Thursday May 18, 2017
'He was the voice of an entire generation's youth': Chris Cornell dead at 52
more stories from this episode
- How Captain Underpants creator Dav Pilkey overcame obstacles to stick to his vision
- 'He was the voice of an entire generation's youth': Chris Cornell dead at 52
- How sign language interpreter Holly Maniatty keeps music accessible
- Topher Grace takes us inside the War Machine
- Carly Rae Jepsen, Fleet Foxes and more: music from today's episode
- Full Episode
Chris Cornell has died at the age of 52. The Soundgarden and Audioslave frontman was found on the bathroom floor of his hotel room in Detroit following Soundgarden's performance at the Fox Theatre. The Detroit medical examiner has revealed that, in a preliminary autopsy report, the singer committed suicide.
George Stroumboulopoulos joins guest host Ali Hassan on the show today to discuss Cornell's musical influence, his involvement in the popular '90s grunge scene and Stroumboulopoulos' personal experience interviewing the musician.
"He was the voice of an entire generation's youth," Stroumboulopoulos says. "It wasn't just a couple of big songs — he represented something."
For more infomation about Cornell's death, head over to CBC Music.