Thursday August 03, 2017
The women of Baroness von Sketch Show are ready to take on American audiences
more stories from this episode
- Dawson City: Frozen Time documentary unearths Yukon's rich film history
- The women of Baroness von Sketch Show are ready to take on American audiences
- How Alex Somers provided a soundtrack for a silent Dawson City
- Raoul Peck brings James Baldwin's powerful gaze to the big screen
- Louise Burns, Julia Michaels and more: music from today's episode
- Full Episode
Baroness von Sketch Show has been dazzling Canadian audiences and breathing new life into the sketch comedy world since it debuted on CBC Television last year. Nothing is off limits on the show: doctors visits, office dynamics, parenthood and periods are all fair game.
The show features four women front and centre as the stars of the show and it also boasts a behind-the-scenes team that is largely made up of women. And that team has had a big summer. Season 2 of the show debuted in late June on CBC, and earlier this week, the first 13 episodes of Baroness von Sketch Show were brought to American audiences on IFC. Unsurprisingly, it looks like American audiences love the show just as much as we do.
Today, creators, writers, producers and stars of the show, Meredith MacNeill and Aurora Browne, join Tom Power on the show to discuss their recent successes.
— Produced by Cora Nijhawan