Wednesday August 09, 2017
Back on the couch: Dr. Katz will see you again
more stories from this episode
- Back on the couch: Dr. Katz will see you again
- Declan McKenna's youthful wisdom
- Canadian DJ Red Robinson shares stories of meeting rock 'n' roll's greatest
- Mayte Garcia reflects on her marriage to Prince, one year after his death
- Peach Pyramid, July Talk and more: music from today's episode
- Full Episode
If you were a fan of comedy back in the '90s, specifically animated comedy, chances are you'll recognize the name Dr. Katz.
Dr. Katz was a fictional cartoon therapist whose patients were all big-name celebrities. Jeff Goldblum, Joan Rivers, Rodney Dangerfield, Dave Chappelle, and Ben Stiller are just a few of the comedy stars who lay down on Dr. Katz's therapy couch.
The creative force behind the Dr. Katz, Professional Therapist TV show was comedian Jonathan Katz who, incidentally, is not an actual therapist. The show has been off the air more than a decade but continues to have a cult following. And luckily for fans, Dr. Katz has been re-booted, this time as a podcast available on Audible.
Tom Power talks to Jonathan Katz about bringing back the therapist's couch.
— Produced by Ben Jamieson