Thursday October 13, 2016
The Secret Path: Gord Downie's Chanie Wenjack tribute album
more stories from this episode
- Cantor Gideon Zelermyer on collaborating with Leonard Cohen
- How John Paul White let music back into his life after The Civil Wars
- "Goodness is doing the should": Catherine Keener on the gray areas of life
- "Greatest living poet" Bob Dylan wins Nobel Prize in literature
- The Secret Path: Gord Downie's Chanie Wenjack tribute album
- Full Episode
Despite terminal brain cancer Gord Downie's artistic drive continues.
The Tragically Hip front man's latest album The Secret Path, a 10-song tribute to Chanie Wenjack, is slated for release next week.
Paired with a graphic novel illustrated by award-winning author Jeff Lemire, the album tells the story of Wenjack a 12 year-old Indigenous boy from Kenora, Ontario who he died after running away from a Residential School in 1966.
Downie will play two concerts in support of the project on October 18 in Ottawa and October 21 in Toronto.
WEB EXTRA | Watch the trailer for the animated film that brings the music and the images of The Secret Path together below. The film will be broadcast on the CBC on Sunday, October 23 at 9 p.m.: