Wednesday February 03, 2016
Photographer Samra Habib puts the spotlight on LGBT Muslims
more stories from this episode
- The People v. O.J. Simpson brings 'the trial of the century' back to TV
- Photographer Samra Habib puts the spotlight on LGBT Muslims
- Letterkenny, Ontario has problems. And it's funny. Jared Keeso explains
- Measha Brueggergosman gets personal with her q Playlist
- Juno nominees who visited q in 2015
- Full Episode
"We have always been here, it's just the world wasn't ready for us yet."
Those are words from one of the subjects in a new stylish photo series that's putting the spotlight on LGBT Muslims.
Just Me and Allah: A Queer Muslim Photo Project is the brainchild of Toronto photographer Samra Habib.
Described as part street style, part point-and shoot, the Tumbler series explores the beauty, and the complications, of being being both LGBT and Muslim.
Check out some of the images from A Queer Muslim Photo Project in the gallery below.