Wednesday December 21, 2016
From The Crown to Veep: what to binge-watch over the holidays
more stories from this episode
- Damien Chazelle brings a modern twist to the fantastical musical in La La Land
- Not at the Dinner Table turns leaving a voicemail into a cathartic release
- Just in time for Christmas: a previously unpublished ghost story from H. G. Wells
- From The Crown to Veep: what to binge-watch over the holidays
- Tupac, Groenland and more: music from today's episode
- Full Episode
Whether you're already enjoying the holidays or counting down the days till when you can sleep in, you're probably already making a list of things to do and, more importantly, shows to watch on your TV queue. But undoubtedly you'll run into the same problems many of us have encountered before: you're overwhelmed with the selection, you spend too long browsing shows and ultimately, you give up.
Well writer Anne Donahue is here to help. Below are some of her top recommendations for shows to watch this holiday season. So avoid the endless scrolling and hit play on these hot shows instead!
For your post-U.S. election hangover fix: Veep (HBO, iTunes)
Family viewing suggestion: The Crown (Netflix)
What to watch when you're sick in bed: Catastrophe (Amazon Prime - US only)
What to watch when you only have an hour or two: Black Mirror (Netflix)
What Anne wants to watch over the holidays: This is Us (CTV, iTunes), Chewing Gum (Netflix)