Tuesday January 03, 2017
Kevin McDonald brings the old and new together on his new podcast
more stories from this episode
- The xx discards expectations on new album I See You
- Boarder X explores the intersections between Indigenous culture and boarding culture
- Potted Potter condenses all seven Harry Potter books into one hilarious stage show
- Kevin McDonald brings the old and new together on his new podcast
- The Strumbellas, BadBadNotGood and more: music from today's episode
- Full Episode
Kevin McDonald calls podcasting the "last refuge of the comedy scoundrel."
After trying to pitch a TV show for 20 years, the Kids in the Hall star has channeled his ideas through a relatively newer medium: podcasts. But Kevin McDonald's Kevin McDonald Show lives somewhere between the past and the future of entertainment.
"What I wanted to do was a sort of Jack Benny Show, bring it back to the old radio kind of thing where you can do anything," McDonald explains. "So I'm taking this futuristic thing called podcast and I'm bringing it way back to the '30s and '40s, to the old radio days and that's what excited me about it."
McDonald jokes that he doesn't even know how to listen to his podcasts after they go up on iTunes, but feedback and review isn't playing a huge part in his idea of success. "The good thing about this show is that it could be good or bad," he says. "We don't know how people are taking it — we'll see what happens to it!"
Listen to episodes of Kevin McDonald's Kevin McDonald Show here.