Friday October 09, 2015
Illusionist Darcy Oake on the art of hiding your skill
more stories from this episode
- City and Colour brings 'If I Should Go Before You' to studio q
- Rose McGowan stays vocal after exile from Hollywood
- Illusionist Darcy Oake on the art of hiding your skill
- Why did MLB give the Blue Jays such a lousy schedule?
- American Apparel: From edgy to teetering on the edge
- Anti-morning person Scaachi Koul tries daily bed making
- Full Episode
As children, many of us fall in love with magic — but growing up often means giving up on the illusion.
Not so for Darcy Oake, who quietly trained for years before getting his big break on Britain's Got Talent. After wowing the talent show audience, Oake's life changed in a matter of days, and hasn't stopped since.
Today he joins Shad to discuss the dimly-understood craft of magic as well as his new book, Beyond the Illusion. He also opens up about how his brother's death affected him as both an artist and a person.
WEB EXTRA | Watch Oake's jaw-dropping disappearing act on Britain's Got Talent, as well as his escape from a 30-foot drop.