Monday November 20, 2017
How 13-year-old Anthony Gonzalez became the star of Disney-Pixar's Coco
more stories from this episode
- How 13-year-old Anthony Gonzalez became the star of Disney-Pixar's Coco
- Did Rotten Tomatoes delay Justice League's score on purpose?
- Oliver Jeffers is passing on notes for living on planet Earth to his son
- Bringing Charles Dickens' personal life onto the big screen
- AC/DC, Ken Yates and more: music from today's episode
- Full Episode
Anthony Gonzalez began auditioning for a role in Disney-Pixar's Coco at the age of nine. It is now four years later and while the process was long, it has completely paid off for the now 13-year-old Gonzalez.
The young actor plays Miguel, a young boy who has to balance his hopes of becoming a famous Mariachi guitar singer against his family's deep-seated hatred for music and the Mariachi culture. It's a story that Gonzalez praises as one of Disney-Pixar's best films because "it shows the Mexican culture and it'll give other people a different perspective."
Hear the full story on q today as guest host Ali Hassan talks to Gonzalez about getting his first big movie role and how the film mirrors his own life in some ways.
Coco hits theatres on Friday, Nov. 22.
— Produced by Ty Callender