Monday June 19, 2017
Michael Mando on being good at being a bad guy
more stories from this episode
- Andy Kim reflects on the sweet success of songwriting
- After a long hiatus, Land of Talk's return is right on time
- David Sedaris takes us on a musical trip to North Carolina
- Michael Mando on being good at being a bad guy
- The Archies, the Rolling Stones and more: music from today's episode
- Full Episode
Canadian actor Michael Mando is making a name for himself as a specialist in multi-layered bad guys because of his stand-out roles as Vic Schmidt in Orphan Black and Nacho Vargas in Breaking Bad prequel Better Call Saul.
In Better Call Saul, we watch as main character Jimmy (played by Bob Odenkirk) inches towards his destiny as the crooked lawyer we later know as Saul Goodman. But Nacho (Mando) has a journey of his own. Without giving too much away, in this season, Nacho is a bad guy trying to be better.
Better Call Saul's season 3 finale airs tonight. Mando talks with q host Tom Power about morality and villains in his television roles. Mando also opens up about his path to success through theatre which has also led him to a role in the upcoming Spiderman: Homecoming movie.
— Produced by Ashley Mak