Monday April 03, 2017
From Feist to the Tragically Hip: a look at the best moments from the 2017 Junos
more stories from this episode
- From Feist to the Tragically Hip: a look at the best moments from the 2017 Junos
- Hear Arkells perform at q's first-ever pop-up concert in Ottawa
- A new documentary highlights the hidden work of hit songwriter Bert Berns
- Vanessa Gould brings the work of obit writers to life in her new documentary
- Del Bel, Walk Off the Earth and more: music from today's episode
- Full Episode
The Juno Awards were handed out last night in Ottawa. Two of the night's biggest winners were the Tragically Hip and its lead singer Gord Downie, who won for his solo project Secret Path, as well as the late Leonard Cohen. The latter also received a beautiful tribute performance by singer-songwriter Feist.
If you didn't get a chance to watch the big ceremony, we will fill you in on everything that happened on today's show.
Tom Power checks in with guest host Laurie Brown, to discuss all the biggest moments he witnessed in Ottawa while panellists Andrea Warner (CBC Music) and The Sheepdogs' frontman Ewan Currie take a deeper look at the best moments from yesterday's televised events and the gender disparity in Junos' history.
— Produced by Elaine Chau, Beza Seife and Vanessa Nigro