Friday May 12, 2017
The 'interesting challenges' of being a ballet mom
more stories from this episode
- How awkward Tinder dates found their way into Jo Nesbø's latest Harry Hole crime novel
- Comedian Tanyalee Davis: 'I have the right to be able to say the word midget if I want to'
- The 'interesting challenges' of being a ballet mom
- Russell Howard lists all the reasons why he loves his mom
- Girlpool, Amber Mark and more: music from today's episode
- Full Episode
There's a video by the National Ballet of Canada floating around Facebook right now about being a dancer and a mom. (You can watch the video below.) And while most people can identify, or at least imagine, how demanding it can be to be a working mom, this video makes you think about how uniquely demanding it is to be a dancer and a mom.
Alejandra Perez-Gomez and Tanya Howard are both with the National Ballet of Canada. They're dancers and moms, and they join Tom Power in the studio today to discuss the balance between motherhood and dancing.
— Produced by Ashley Mak