Friday May 12, 2017
Russell Howard lists all the reasons why he loves his mom
more stories from this episode
- How awkward Tinder dates found their way into Jo Nesbø's latest Harry Hole crime novel
- Comedian Tanyalee Davis: 'I have the right to be able to say the word midget if I want to'
- The 'interesting challenges' of being a ballet mom
- Russell Howard lists all the reasons why he loves his mom
- Girlpool, Amber Mark and more: music from today's episode
- Full Episode
Mother's Day is coming up this Sunday so we decided to ask comedian Russell Howard to tells us all the reasons why he loves his mum. Howard and his mother, Ninette, star in a British series called Russell Howard & Mum: USA Road Trip, where the two travel across the U.S., spotting UFOs, pampering dogs and, most importantly, bonding.
Below are just some of the many reasons why Howard loves his mum:
1. "She once got drunk on a plane and started singing 'I'm Walking in the Air,' from the film, The Snowman."
2. "She doesn't care whether the glass is half-full or half-empty — she's more of an 'I've got a glass!' kind of lady."
3. "The reason I did a TV show with my mom is because I said to my mom, 'Is there anything you'd love to do?' and she said: 'All I want to do, Russell, is be in an old folks' home where they don't hit you.' I thought that those were such low dreams that the least I can do, as her eldest son, is to give us some memories in between the beatings. So, we set off to America and it was extraordinary. At the end of this, my mom looked at me and said, 'I've learned something about myself.... One of my armpits smells more than the other.' That's the fascinating thing about moms: you never quite know what's going to fall out of their mouths."
Continue listening to Howard's segment to hear a hilarious (and slightly crude) story he tells about his mom.
Howard will be performing in Vancouver on May 16.
— Produced by Ben Edwards