Remembering Prince (1958 - 2016)
Musicians and thinkers, critics and fans, people who knew him, met him, heard him and loved him reflect on the legacy of Prince.
Following the death of music icon Prince, colleagues and admirers offer their tributes. In order of appearance:
- k-os shares a Prince story worthy of a Dave Chappelle sketch
- Producer L. Stu Young on working with Prince: 'That energy was amazing'
- Ann Powers on Prince: 'He was musical in every fibre of his body'
- Robin Givhan says Prince 'was using fashion as a form of aphrodisiac'
- Ani DiFranco on 'one of the most vivid people' she's ever met
- Naila Keleta-Mae on the void Prince leaves in popular culture
- Ingrid Chavez on Prince: 'He loved helping people realize their dream'
- q sports panel on Prince's love of basketball and his Super Bowl performance
- Prince's former guitarist Dez Dickerson on being part of something iconic
- Daphne Brooks on Prince's legacy as an African-American artist
- Stars' Torquil Campbell on Prince's inspiring ownership of the stage
- Tanika Charles covers Prince and takes centre stage with 'Soul Run'
- WEB EXTRA: Adrian X on Prince's wide musical scope
Plus, listen to Shad's moving intro to our tribute about when he was first introduced to the artist, and how Prince has inspired him in music and life.