Monday January 11, 2016
Bowie collaborator Emm Gryner on working with a legend
more stories from this episode
- Remembering David Bowie (1947 - 2016)
- Laurie Brown on interviewing Bowie: "He was so friggin' smart"
- Carl Wilson on Bowie: "He was one of the great pop manipulators"
- Bowie collaborator Emm Gryner on working with a legend
- Chris Hadfield on his stellar connection to Space Oddity
- CBC archives: David Bowie on "alien rockstar" Ziggy Stardust
- Bowie exhibit curator: "He was a one-man internet machine"
- Full Episode
Emm Gryner, a Canadian musician who has performed alongside and toured with David Bowie, joins q guest host Tom Power to share her memories of the man behind the musical legend.
"I read the news and my heart just stopped," she tells Tom, freshly processing the news of Bowie's death.
Gryner says it was clear that Bowie knew who his equals and contemporaries were, but was gracious to people from all walks of life. As the tributes pour in, she says the artist deserves every accolade.
"You can't make a big enough deal about him. He changed the world," she says.