Saturday December 17, 2016
Tips and tricks for when you inevitably have to deal with people over the holidays
more stories from this episode
- Eat, don't drink, and be merry: An alcoholic's guide to ringing in the New Year
- From "Auntie Feel Good" to "Racist-Ass Uncle": Navigating prejudice over turkey dinner
- Tips and tricks for when you inevitably have to deal with people over the holidays
- Staying away from home for the holidays
- How do you deal with loss during the season of cheer?
- How to do Christmas when you're not Christian
- 'If he raises his hand too quickly… I'm out'
- Full Episode
Just how out in the open should you be at a holiday gathering?
"If there are cards you need to lay on the table, put 'em out there right up front."
Writer and man of impeccable manners, Henry Alford, offers Piya his best advice for avoiding holiday socializing strife. But will Piya comply, determined as she is to crack the veneer of perfect holiday cheer?
"Never give a full and accurate response to the question 'how are you'?"