Pitching a doc to the Mentorship Program?
You'll want to watch:
- The art of pitching
- Land your next doc pitch by making focus your friend
- The Doc Project: how to apply
And review the following:
Pitching to another CBC Radio show or department?
You'll want to review the following:
Developing your storytelling skill set?
These videos will get your creative juices flowing:
Other videos on this playlist include:
- Voicing with Anna Maria Tremonti
- Audio vs. radio with Paolo Pietropaolo
- How to talk to strangers with Sook-Yin Lee
- How to create ‘driveway moments’ with Alex Blumberg
- Radio writing tips with Chris Howden
See more video tutorials in our editorial playlist on YouTube →
Need some technical guidance?
Here are some helpful how-tos:
Other videos in this playlist include:
- When audio meets digital with Ananda Korchynski and Ruby Buiza
- The use (and abuse) of music with Paolo Peitropaolo
- Dalet effects and plugins with Paolo Peitropaolo
See more video tutorials in our technical playlist on YouTube →
Here are some other great documentary resources for producers and audiophiles:
- Transom - a showcase and workshop for new public radio
- Canadian Sound and Story Workshop - a community for independent audio storytellers & producers
- Third Coast International Audio Festival - a celebration of audio storytelling
- CBC Radio: New Programs Department - introducing relevant, creative and uniquely Canadian content to listeners
- In the Dark Radio - celebrating radio documentaries and features from around the world
- Public Radio Exchange - an online marketplace for distribution, review, and licensing of public radio programming