On Oct. 5, The New York Times broke a story about allegations of sexual misconduct against Harvey Weinstein.
Since then, an almost daily barrage of allegations of sexual assault, groping, unwelcome kissing, masturbation and inappropriate comments have been levied against high-profile men.
It is not just an American story. Men well-known in Canada have also been called out for allegedly inappropriate actions since the Weinstein scandal broke.
The list is not exhaustive and only includes names previously reported by CBC News.
The band Hedley
A series of anonymous allegation on Twitter about inappropriate encounters with the band.
The Junos have dropped the band from the televised award show. Headly addressed the allegations in a statement: "While we are all now either married or have entered into committed, long-term relationships, there was a time, in the past, when we engaged in a lifestyle that incorporated certain rock 'n' roll cliches. However, there was always a line that we would never cross."Read more »
Former NHL star and regular on military morale tours
Charged by military police with sexual assault for an incident that occurred on an air force flight to Latvia.
Williams has not made a statement.Read more »
Former Nova Scotia NDP MP
An NDP staffer alleges he tried to kiss a fellow NDP staffer without consent.
Said at a press conference, "I did not in any way in my intention intend to insult or demean or belittle any person in this regard."Read more »
Former Alberta MLA
Charged with sexual assault and sexual interference, which the criminal code defines as touching the body of somebody under the age of 16 for a sexual purpose.
MacIntyre resigned from his seat on Feb. 5. He tweeted when he left caucus, "Resigning from politics today to focus on our family."Read more »
Former Manitoba finance minister
Allegations of unwanted touching from five women, including a former cabinet colleague.
Struthers, who left politics in 2016, told CBC, "I apologize for any interactions I have had that have been inappropriate and that have caused any person to feel disrespected or uncomfortable."Read more »
Host of TVO's The Agenda
Former Toronto mayoral candidate Sarah Thomson says Paikin propositioned her for sex on more than one occasion.
TVO has launched a third-party investigation into the allegations. Steve Paikin responded on Facebook, "I’ve spent 35 years building my reputation. In one fell swoop, these lies have prompted outrageous headlines and connected me to a story to which I have no business being connected."Read more »
Ontario PC president
Sexual assault allegations from 2014, when he was an MP. Maclean's report alleges federal Tories knew and allowed him to run in 2015 election. CBC News has not independently confirmed the allegations.
Resigned as president after being contacted by Maclean's for comment — before story was published. In statement, he said he made the decision to "step aside", but didn't mention allegations.Read more »
CTV News anchor, political reporter
Sexual misconduct allegations from a former CTV reporter.
Yet to comment. Suspended by CTV.Read more »
Sport and Disabilities Minister, Calgary MP
A woman on Twitter alleged Hehr made verbally suggestive remarks to her, including one that said "you're yummy."
Resigned from Cabinet, pending the outcome of an investigation. In a statement Hehr said, "The conversation our society is having is a very important one. I encourage all women who have felt uncomfortable or who have experienced harassment of any kind to continue to come forward. It is never okay."Read more »
Leader of Ontario PCs, MPP
Sexual misconduct allegations from two women, first reported by CTV.
After CTV corrected its reporting to say that one of the accusers was not in high school when CTV initially reported that the alleged incident took place, Brown wrote on Facebook: "CTV News fabricated a malicious and false report about me from two anonymous accusers. After a long three weeks, CTV News has now admitted that it got it wrong." CTV has responded to Brown by saying, "It stands by its story." Brown says he is "strongly considering a legal recourse."Read more »
Leader of Nova Scotia PCs
"Inappropriate behaviour." The PC party didn't give details but said it "does not, and will not, tolerate sexual harassment in the workplace."
Forced out as PC Party leader. He also resigned as MLA and tweeted: "I am resigning for personal reasons. My priority is my family and I ask that our privacy be respected."Read more »
Head coach of Canada's long track speed skating team
Sexual relationships with his athletes while coaching in U.S., which is against sexual harassment policy.
Yet to comment. Forced to leave position a month before Winter Olympics.Read more »
A civil lawsuit alleges Haggis raped a publicist. In addition three anonymous women have come forward to the Associated Press alleging sexual misconduct. CBC News cannot independently verify the allegations made by the anonymous women speaking to the AP.
Haggis denies the rape allegation in a counter-complaint and says the accuser demanded a 11 million CDN payment to avoid legal action. He has not responded to the other allegations.Read more »
Canadian actor, artistic director of Soulpepper Theatre Company
Sexual battery and harassment of a sexual nature over a 13-year period.
"These claims make serious allegations against me which I do not take lightly. Over the coming time period, I intend to vehemently defend myself."Read more »
Conductor, artistic director of Montreal Symphony Orchestra from 1977 to 2002
Sexual assault, sexual harassment.
"The serious accusations made involving coercion and forced physical contact have absolutely no basis in truth."Read more »
Musician with Crystal Castles, real name is Claudio Palmieri
Sexual assault, mental and physical abuse.
Kath's lawyer told CBC News, "These sickening and vile allegations are an attempt to injure my client's reputation."Read more »
Gymnastics Canada's women's national team director
Charged with invitation to sexual touching, sexual interference, sexual exploitation, sexual assault.
Yet to comment. Publication ban imposed in case.Read more »
Former PMO deputy director of operations
In a statement Gagné said that he has resigned on his own accord "to preserve my health and to prevent becoming a source of distraction for the team that I respect." He says he cooperated with the investigation but denies any wrongdoing.Read more »
Edmonton-based gymnastic coach
Intimidation, verbal and physical abuse, sexual assault.
Yet to comment.Read more »
Blue Jays analyst
"Inappropriate behaviour and comments."
Apologized for, “any harm or distress which may have been caused by my comments with any female colleagues over the recent past.”Read more »
Sexual misconduct allegations from seven women.
Refutes all the allegations of a sexual nature.Read more »
Sexual harassment complaints.
Declined to comment.Read more »
Sexually harassing women with inappropriate comments.
"I have sexually harassed women with inappropriate comments."Read more »
Editor and candidate for Montreal boroughs election
Sexual misconduct from various women.
Denies the allegations.Read more »
Former Edmonton-based artistic director
Admitted to touching women without their permission.
"I have acted as though women were objects, to be won, to be obtained, to be used."Read more »
Founder of Just for Laughs
Allegations from at least 10 women who accuse him of either sexually harassing or sexually assaulting them. None of the allegations had been proven in court and no charges have been laid.
Rozon told a reporter for TVA that, "I never had sex with anyone against their will," and "These stories are … we'll see what the motivations are."Read more »
Quebec media personality
11 people claim to have been victims or witnessed sexual misconduct.
Calls his behaviour "inappropriate" and "disrespectful."Read more »