Friday December 15, 2017
Riffed from the Headlines 16/12/2017
more stories from this episode
- Porgs in space: Will 'Star Wars' fans embrace the cuteness?
- 'But I was wearing a suit': Indigenous lawyers speak out against discrimination
- Going commercial: How eggnog in a carton became a thing
- Is the mysterious 'Oumuamua an alien probe?
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez's archives are now available online for free
- Investigators work to identify victims of Guatemala's civil war, 21 years after it ended
- Riffed from the Headlines 16/12/2017
- Full Episode
Riffed from the Headlines is our weekly quiz where we choose three riffs linked by one story in the news. Guess the story that links the riffs and you could win a Day 6 tote bag and a personalized note from our very own Brent Bambury.
Last week's clues were The Who with "Don't Let Go The Coat," Captain Beefheart with "Smithsonian Institute Blues," and The Beastie Boys with "The Sounds of Science."
Mark Pfeiffer of Strathroy, Ontario, correctly guessed the headline we were looking for: Bill Nye the Science Guy's lab coat put on display at The Smithsonian.
Congratulations Mark! A Day 6 tote bag is on its way to you.
You can listen to this week's clue above and email us your answer at email@example.com.
Make sure to include your mailing address and put "Riffed from the Headlines" in the subject line.