Friday December 08, 2017
Riffed from the Headlines 09/12/2017
more stories from this episode
- Alabama's biggest newspapers say Roy Moore is unfit for office
- Frothy, creamy, sugary ... phlegm-y? Putting commercial eggnog to the test
- Russia is banned from the Winter Olympics, but what about the FIFA World Cup?
- Meet 'Walking Eagle,' the finest source of satirical Indigenous news
- How an abandoned suitcase in Hamilton found its way to a wrestling hall of fame
- Should I Gift It? The Day 6 holiday book guide
- Riffed from the Headlines 09/12/2017
- Full Episode
Riffed from the Headlines is our weekly quiz where we choose three riffs linked by one story in the news. Guess the story that links the riffs and you could win a Day 6 tote bag and a personalized note from our very own Brent Bambury.
Last week's clues were Elton John with "Take Me To The Pilot," John Foxx with "No One Driving" and Bing Crosby with "Home For The Holidays."
Susan Thiele of Regina correctly guessed the headline we were looking for: Computer glitch leaves thousands of American Airlines flights without pilots during Christmas week.
Congratulations, Susan! A Day 6 tote bag is on its way to you.
You can listen to this week's clues above and email us your answer at email@example.com.
Make sure to include your mailing address and put "Riffed from the Headlines" in the subject line.