Friday November 24, 2017
Riffed from the Headlines 25/11/2017
more stories from this episode
- Harvey Weinstein and others are being held to account, but what about Donald Trump?
- Re-thinking Woody Allen in a post-Weinstein world
- 'Swearing is Good for You': The evolutionary advantages of f-bombs
- Portraits of homelessness: Teen photographer documents life on Canada's streets
- Can the CFL finally expand past the St. Lawrence Seaway?
- 'Goodbye is a tough thing': Groundbreaking South African superstar Johnny Clegg sings farewell
- Riffed from the Headlines 25/11/2017
- Full Episode
Riffed from the Headlines is our weekly quiz where we choose three riffs linked by one story in the news. Guess the story that links the riffs and you could win a Day 6 tote bag and a personalized note from our very own Brent Bambury.
Last week's clues were Weezer with "Da Vinci," Young Jeezy with "Millions" and Lewis Del Mar with "Painting."
Margaret D. Eveleigh of Belleville, Ontario, correctly guessed the headline we were looking for: Rare Leonardo da Vinci painting sells for a record $450 million.
Congratulations Margaret! A Day 6 tote bag is on its way to you.
You can listen to this week's clue above and email us your answer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make sure to include your mailing address and put "Riffed from the Headlines" in the subject line.