Friday November 10, 2017
Riffed from the Headlines 11/11/2017
more stories from this episode
- How Apple managed to pay almost no tax on billions in profits
- President Clinton: The 2016 election coverage the media never filed
- New app offers support for families of missing and murdered Indigenous women and girls
- How Marvel Comics' second stringers beat Superman at the box office
- The fight to save a hidden part of Britain's war history
- The Semer Ensemble performs lost Jewish music of 1930s Berlin
- Roombas, Kuri and Pepper, oh my! How designers make us feel good about home robots (Repeat)
- Riffed from the Headlines 11/11/2017
- Full Episode
Riffed from the Headlines is our weekly quiz where we choose three riffs linked by one story in the news. Guess the story that links the riffs and you could win a Day 6 tote bag and a personalized note from host Brent Bambury.
Last week's clues were Shonen Knife with "Pyramid Power," KISS with "Into The Void" and and the B-52's with "Cosmic Thing."
Sandra Rode of Kelowna, B.C. correctly guessed the headline we were looking for: Cosmic rays point to mysterious void in Great Pyramid of Giza.
Congratulations, Sandra! A Day 6 tote bag is on its way to you.
You can listen to this week's clue above and email us your answer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make sure to include your mailing address and put "Riffed from the Headlines" in the subject line.