Friday October 27, 2017
Riffed from the Headlines 28/10/2017
more stories from this episode
- 'It's unenforceable': What Quebec can learn from Austria's burka ban
- Stranger than fiction: The real-life CIA projects that inspired 'Stranger Things'
- The Battered Bastards of Baseball: The unlikely heroes of the Portland Mavericks
- A global chocolate shortage? Scientists race to beat the threat from climate change
- Breaking the sound barrier in the Supersonic Bloodhound jet car
- 'Reckless Daughter': The definitive biography of Joni Mitchell
- Riffed from the Headlines 28/10/2017
- Full Episode
Riffed from the Headlines is our weekly quiz where we choose three riffs linked by one story in the news. Guess the story that links the riffs and you could win a Day 6 tote bag and a personalized note from our very own Brent Bambury.
Last week's clues were The Frolics with "Travelin' Meth Lab," The Clash with "Police on My Back" and Burl Ives with "The Donut Song".
Alana Haysom of Winnipeg correctly guessed the headline we were looking for: Man awarded compensation after police mistakenly identify flakes of Krispy Kreme doughnut glaze as meth.
Congratulations Alana! A Day 6 tote bag is on its way to you.
You can listen to this week's clue above and email us your answer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make sure to include your mailing address and put "Riffed from the Headlines" in the subject line.