Friday October 20, 2017
Riffed from the Headlines 21/10/2017
more stories from this episode
- Gord Downie: Canada's friend, poet, advocate, rocker and neighbourhood goalie
- When stars collide: How 4,000 scientists converged for an epic kilonova cram session
- A remote First Nation is going to use drone delivery to cut the cost of groceries
- Careful what you wish for: The perils of wooing Amazon
- Sex, drugs and rock 'n roll: The life and times of Rolling Stone founder Jann Wenner
- HRW Researcher: 'Afghan children recruited in Iran are fighting and dying in Syria'
- Riffed from the Headlines 21/10/2017
- Full Episode
Riffed from the Headlines is our weekly quiz where we choose three riffs linked by one story in the news. Guess the story that links the riffs and you could win a Day 6 tote bag and a personalized note from our very own Brent Bambury.
Last week's clues were Iggy Pop with "I'm Bored," Alberta Slim with "Vancouver by The Sea" and the theme song to The Archies.
Heather Forbes of Simoom Sound, B.C., correctly guessed the headline we were looking for: RiverDale's Archie actor KJ Apa calls Vancouver boring.
Congratulations Heather! A Day 6 tote bag is on its way to you.
You can listen to this week's clue above and email us your answer at email@example.com.
Make sure to include your mailing address and put "Riffed from the Headlines" in the subject line.