Friday September 22, 2017
Riffed from the Headlines 23/09/2017
more stories from this episode
- What happens when a hurricane hits a toxic waste site?
- Is Netflix's comedy onslaught bad for live stand-up?
- Automate This! How A.I. is taking over the entertainment industry, from pop hits to blockbuster films
- 'Alone: A Love Story' reveals the confusing heartbreak of infidelity
- The pioneering women who fought to build Canada's first women's shelters
- Riffed from the Headlines 23/09/2017
- Full Episode
Riffed from the Headlines is our weekly quiz where we choose three riffs linked by one story in the news. Guess the story that links the riffs and you could win a Day 6 tote bag and a personalized note from our very own Brent Bambury.
Last week's clues were "In The Jailhouse Now" from the Soggy Bottom Boys from the Oh Brother, Where Art Thou soundtrack, Goldfinger with "Bro," and The Fall with "Mr. Pharmacist."
Troy Lissoway of Sherwood Park, Alberta correctly guessed the headline we were looking for: Pharma bro' Martin Shkrelli violates bail conditions, is sent to prison.
Congratulations Troy, a Day 6 tote bag is on its way to you.
You can listen to this week's clue above and email us your answer at email@example.com.
Make sure to include your mailing address and put "Riffed from the Headlines" in the subject line.