Friday August 25, 2017
Riffed from the Headlines 26/08/2017
more stories from this episode
- Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter on Joe Arpaio's racial profiling and Presidential pardon
- Jonah Keri saw a lot of Expos games — this one was the weirdest
- Alabama pastors say they'll boycott the NFL until someone signs Colin Kaepernick
- Should they stay or should they go? Young Afghans struggle with their country's future
- The Edinburgh Fringe festival's top 5 one-liners
- ENCORE: Growing up in the hidden apartments of New York City's libraries
- Riffed from the Headlines 26/08/2017
- Full Episode
Riffed from the Headlines is our weekly quiz where we choose three riffs linked by one story in the news.
Guess the story that links the riffs and you could win a Day 6 tote bag.
Last week's clues were Bruno Mars with "24K Magic," Beyoncé with "Single Ladies," and R.E.M. with "Gardening at Night."
Kim Conroy of Vancouver correctly guessed the headline we were looking for: Canadian woman finds long-lost diamond ring wrapped around a carrot in her garden.
Congratulations Kim, a Day 6 tote bag is on its way to you.
You can listen to this week's clue by hitting the listen button above and email us your answer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make sure to include your mailing address and put "Riffed from the Headlines" in the subject line.