Friday August 11, 2017
Riffed from the Headlines 12/08/2017
more stories from this episode
- Rhetoric over risk: why the escalating tensions with North Korea may be overblown
- Netflix or Debtflix? Why the popular streaming service is still in the red
- When it comes to backcountry forest fires, ecologist says 'let 'em burn'
- Public art vs private cash: why Norman Rockwell's family opposes museum art auction
- ENCORE: Justin Bieber, 'Despacito' and the rise of reggaeton in North American pop
- Riffed from the Headlines 12/08/2017
- Full Episode
Riffed from the Headlines is our weekly quiz where we choose three riffs linked by one story in the news. Guess the story that links the riffs and you could win a Day 6 tote bag and a personalized note from our very own Brent Bambury.
Last week's clues were The Beastie Boys with "Super Disco Break-in," Johnny Cash with "I've Been Everywhere," and Tallest Man on Earth with "King of Spain."
Charles Beatty of Toronto correctly guessed the headline we were looking for: Tim Hortons plans to expand to Spain.
Congratulations Charles, a Day 6 tote bag is on its way to you.
You can listen to this week's clue above and email us your answer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make sure to include your mailing address and put "Riffed from the Headlines" in the subject line.