Friday August 04, 2017
Riffed from the Headlines 05/08/2017
more stories from this episode
- Venezuela's downward spiral — who in the world can help?
- Baroness von Sketch: how four women in their 40s are taking reign of the comedy world
- Bleeding out: why the horseshoe crab's medicinal value may be a threat to the species
- 'Conversations with People Who Hate Me': the podcast that engages with online haters
- Day 6 Encore: The story of Christopher Knight, America's last true hermit
- Riffed from the Headlines 05/08/2017
- Full Episode
Riffed from the Headlines is our weekly quiz where we choose three riffs linked by one story in the news. Guess the story that links the riffs and you could win a Day 6 tote bag and a personalized note from our very own Brent Bambury.
Last week's clues were RuPaul with "Supermodel," The Tragically Hip with "Wheat Kings," and Dr. Hook and the Medicine Show with "Cover of The Rolling Stone."
Flora Abraham of Fort Smith, Northwest Territories correctly guessed the headline we were looking for: Prime Minister Justin Trudeau appears on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine.
Congratulations, Flora! A Day 6 tote bag is on its way to you.
You can listen to this week's clue above and email us your answer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make sure to include your mailing address and put "Riffed from the Headlines" in the subject line.