Friday July 28, 2017
Trump's odds of staying in office: The Day 6 Impeach-O-Meter for July 28
more stories from this episode
- Health care vote, transgender military ban and Mooch: Week 27 in the Trump White House
- Trump's odds of staying in office: The Day 6 Impeach-O-Meter for July 28
- Roombas, Kuri and Pepper, oh my! How we feel about our robots at home
- Origami and NASA: how folding paper became rocket science
- Beyond a number: Inuit photo exhibit brings controversial 'Eskimo' I.D. system to light
- Day 6 Encore: The Museum of Transology turns everyday objects into artifacts to tell trans peoples' stories
- Day 6 Encore: The 'Drunk Teacher' saga is a cautionary tale for the social media age
- Riffed from the Headlines 29/07/2017
- Full Episode
It's been another tumultuous week in Washington, so we're once again firing up the Day 6 Impeach-O-Meter for another reading.
Every few weeks, we're checking in on the odds of President Donald Trump's impeachment, from one, meaning totally safe in the White House, to 100, meaning impeachment is imminent.
When we last checked in, Buzzfeed's Paul McLeod placed the chance of impeachment at 25 per cent.
Today, Quartz White House Correspondent, Heather Timmons, weighs in with her take:
"It's been a very difficult week. We started out with the Boy Scouts being mad at Trump.
The healthcare bill has just failed in the Senate.
The military chiefs are really angry at him for making military policy on Twitter.
And inside his own White House there seem to be people fighting with each other publicly."
So where does Timmons place the Impeach-O-Meter this week?
"While I, originally before the healthcare vote, thought it might be as low as one, I'm going to have to say 30 for this week."
That's this week's edition of the Impeach-O-Meter. We'll continue to track the numbers in the weeks to come.
To hear Heather Timmons give her Impeach-O-Meter prediction, download our podcast or click the 'Listen' button at the top of this page.