Friday December 16, 2016
Riffed from the headlines 17/12/2016
more stories from this episode
- The fog of war: separating fact from fiction in Aleppo
- Can Nintendo turn Super Mario Run into its first killer app?
- Quebec maple syrup producers say they're being bullied by the cartel that controls their industry
- How a Home Depot salesman in Alabama became persona non grata in his native Venezuela
- This was Chicago's deadliest year in decades. A former high school principal has a plan to make things better
- Riffed from the headlines 17/12/2016
- Full Episode
Riffed from the Headlines is our weekly quiz where we choose three riffs linked by one story in the news. Guess the story that links the riffs and you could win a Day 6 tote bag and a personalized note from our very own Brent Bambury.
Sarah Haddon of Sherbrooke, Quebec correctly guessed the headline we were looking for: Montrealers debate the city's "authentic" or "ugly" 26-metre Christmas tree.
Congratulations, Sarah! A Day 6 tote bag is on its way to you.
You can listen to this week's clue above and email us your answer at email@example.com.
Make sure to include your mailing address and put "Riffed from the Headlines" in the subject line.